Monday, January 30, 2012

Our Weekend.

Of course, keeping to our blog description of the not-so-exciting life of the Gibson's, our weekend was not that exciting.

You know what it was?

It was time together. And that, that is the most exciting thing I can think of .

Let's start with Thursday. I got home from work, and this naked-as-a-jaybird baby was waddling around the house.

She is teething - 4 (FOUR) teeth are coming in top, front. So that causes a nasty rash - also made worse by some moron feeding my child clementines over the weekend before. DUH! Most babies cannot handle citrus fruits and my daughter is one of them. So, besides Desitin and Butt Paste, hangin' out nakey seems to help immensely with my girl's rash. Isn't that one of the cutest bums you have ever seen?

Friday-
Avery gave her mama the wonderful gift of sleep on Friday - as in she slept, I got stuff done. I am thinking this goes along with the teething thing. So we just rolled with it. She slept until 8:45am (normally a 7:30 riser). There was not a morning nap because we had our chiropractor appointment at 10:30. By the time we got home, it was lunch. So she ate and then was almost asking for a nap. I laid her down on the couch in the living room and it wasn't happening. I work from home on Fridays so I needed her to sleep. After a few "Lie down, Avery!" "Nap time, Avery!", I brought her up to her room, laid her in her crib, covered her up, turned on her music and fan and shut the door. I heard a couple wimpers and then she was out!


This girl slept for almost 3 hours! Hecks to the yeah!

We met Daddy for dinner at the restaurant my little brother works at. Avery loves to see her Uncle Pickle.

Saturday was chock full of to-do-lists. I got about 1/2 of them done.

While Mama did laundry and straightened up her room, Avery was occupied with Toilet Paper.
Taken with iPhone, using Gifrus app.

We went for a walk to the playground with one of my best friends and her sons - it was nice out but that wind was cold!

Aunt Amanda came over and we took a little trip to Target where I found the perfect pillow for my bed.

Behold:
I'm in love. May have to buy another. 

We hung at home the rest of the afternoon and evening. I got some cleaning done, Ryan did the food shopping for the week, and Avery kept us laughing.
And a bath:
Sunday -

I got up and went to a local church with my aunt. I have to say, I really liked it. I liked the pastor and his sermon. I will be back. 

I spent the rest of the day depugging the couch and chair in the kitchen. It is amazing how much better it looks/smells. A little rearranging and POOF! A new room! 

Now, just to teach the pugs NOT to get on the couch they have basically lived on the past 2.5 years.

All in all, it was a nice weekend. I got to spend a lot of time with my girl and husband, which to me, is the most important.

Here is to a great week!

xoxo

No comments: