Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mind.Body.Soul. 2012

I have been thinking about what to write for this post for the past couple of days.

Do I recap Christmas? Nah.

New Years? Definitely not, as we were in bed by 11pm!

What has gotten in my way of writing is reflecting. On how I want to change for this new year. I'm talking total overhaul of mind, body, and soul.

That is it! I'll break it down to 3 categories...Mind - Body - Soul.

Mind - I would like to make a conscience effort to be more positive and stop letting my negativity get me down. Having the "glass is half empty" attitude is not doing anything for me - for my family, friends and definitely not the attitude I want to impress upon my daughter. (insert cute baby picture)


Body - 60 pounds. My body needs to be rid of 60 extra pounds that are also bringing me down. I am currently doing Weight watchers online and making my best effort to track every. single. thing. I put in my mouth. Also portion size is something I am working on, as it is one of my biggest downfalls and changes I need to make. I need to keep in mind that this will not happen overnight. It will take months. But if I stick to it, I will succeed. I will be happier and most importantly healthier. Again, I do not want to pass along my bad habits to my daughter. She has to be my biggest inspiration. Tonight, I will take measurements and Before pictures. I may not post them just yet but I would like to post progress for every 10lbs I lose.


Soul - To begin to attempt to change either of the above - I need to get my soul right. I know I am not capable of doing it on my own, I rely heavily on the Lord to get me through those negative thoughts or food cravings. And I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13. This year I will work hard to walk closer with God. And find a church. That will probably be the hardest but I have to let go of my previous experiences and forgive. So, if anyone does read this and can recommend a good, bible teaching church - please let me know!

A few other changes I need to make in 2012:

1- Pay more attention to my husband. Since this (not-so) little baby came into our lives, it has been ALL. ABOUT. HER! And I know that is typical but she wouldn't be here without Ryan.
2- Stay more organized. In ALL aspects of my life. It makes me saner when there is order. When I get overwhelmed, I drift and lose interest.
3- Take better care of my house, car and pugs. All 3 are a major part of my life and I need to treat them all with the respect they deserve.

I am sure there will be many more items I can add to this list as the year progresses but I am not trying to overwhelm myself (refer back to #2). I am praying that if I can stick to these 6 goals, all the other "stuff" will fall into place. I am trusting Jesus.

xoxo

No comments: