Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Expectations


I've been wanting to start a blog for sometime now but just never got around to it. It has taken me 2 months to get my first post on here published. But that is not to say I have not thought about it. I have about 5 blog topics running through my mind at any given moment. What I am struggling with is where do you draw the line? How much do you really share? Maybe I will have to wait for that answer if I ever get any readers.

I am an over sharer by default. Sometimes that filter that so many are equipped with totally. fails. me. And as the word vomit is dripping off my lips, I realized I should not have said what I said out loud. So I talk more to cover it up, like laying paper towels over said word vomit....but layering them on top over and over, like babbling on after you shove your foot in your mouth accomplishes about the same thing.

You said it. Own up to it. And apologize, if necessary.

Where the eff am I going with this? I think what I am trying to say write, is that when I put my thoughts out here in blog world, is there any room for error? It is like the original Super Mario brothers game how the screen just keeps moving you forward, no chance to grab that lone coin or bump the question block you KNOW has a feather that will help you fly.

I do not know what I even expect from this blog. Definitely not fame or fortune. A "friend" or two? Maybe. If someone would just read this thing. And not get offended by my bluntness or opinions. But I guess that is one of the beauties of blogs - if you don't like it, don't read it. And keep your mean, judgmental comments to yourself. I already judge myself harsher then anyone else could.

On my way home from work yesterday, I was thinking a lot about this blog. I kept coming back to "why am  I doing this?" "Should I really put myself out there?" But then I thought "I have a lot to say, a lot of the time, and whether anyone reads this or not, at least I am getting it out of my head". It is a good place to hold myself accountable. If I type it, I need to own up to it.

I am inspired by some of my favorite blogger - you can see them over there on the side bar -->.
These woman make my lunch time. I look forward to reading their blogs everyday while I shove food into my face. They have made me cry and laugh with them. I feel like we are friends. And at this point in my life, I feel like I need some friends. Don't get me wrong - I do have friends - some great girl friends that I love dearly and have been friends with since elementary, middle, and high school . But it seems like we are all in different places in our lives and we don't always time for one another. Ahhhh, such is life I guess.

Back to blog expectations. I guess I have to find my way through this. Figure out by trial and error. So for anyone reading this - thank you! And I hope you stay long enough to read the next post.

xoxo

1 comment:

LWells said...

Hi Megan! I totally remember you! yes- this blog world is a crazy place, full of connections :)
I'm sure there is another way to message you, but I couldn't figure out how to send a message to you from my blog, so I just clicked on your name and it brought me here! Anyhow, thanks for messaging me and for your compliments on the kids. They are such a fun blessing :)
Your little girl is insanely cute. Holy cow! I see you have a WW goal this year. I have a friend who lost almost 70 lbs doing WW in 1 year, almost exactly. She is amazing and has a blog- Susan Witmer. She is on the friends list on the side of my blog. Check out her story! Good luck! All the best to you :)