Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One week down...

Yesterday was the end of my first official week of following the Weight watchers online plan.

My weigh in day is Mondays. I weigh myself first thing in the morning, stripped down buck naked (one of the benefits of doing WW online vs. meetings) - sorry for the scary visual.

I was excited.I knew I had eaten like I was supposed to, heck, I even had extra weekly points left over. I had not had any sugar drinks - water only...all week. I was conscience of my portion sizes. So I get on the scale.

Standing there, daring to look down to see my success for the week...ONE measly pound!!! I wanted to throw that scale out the window and jump up and down and cry. I felt like I did ALL THAT WORK and all I have to show is only losing one pound.

Before, I would get totally discouraged and through in the towel.

Not this time.

This time I am going to be happy that I LOST. Much better then gaining, right?

I have to remember my body is different. I have not taken care of it the way I should have for the past, oh, I don't know - 10 years. I have to have patience. I have to STICK TO THE PLAN. I am the ONLY one that can do this for ME.

Weight Watchers is my new friend and like any other friend I have, I will stick with it through thick and thin.

So here is to losing it instead of gaining it (however much "it" may be)!

I'm gonna do this damn thang.

<pep talk over>


xoxo

No comments: