1. I ALWAYS check my spam folder. Why? Because I am afraid that I may miss an email that I won a contest that I entered and forgot about. Most of the emails in my spam are for viagra and from Molly saying "Hi Handsome, wanna chat?". But I still check it.
2. My toilet paper has to roll from the top, not the bottom. I will change it, no matter where I am, if it is not the correct way.
3. I take Claritin-D everyday. Faithfully. I do have allergies, and it does help, but I also take it because it keeps me going (thank you, pseudoephedrine) and it totally suppresses my appetite Like I forget to eat lunch most days. **Note: I am not in anyway advocating taking drugs to lose weight. It just so happened that I need allergy meds and this seems to be a side effect - that I will gladly deal with. And I do NOT skip meals, because we all know that not eating slows your metabolism and your body holds on to the fat instead of burning it. I am just not watching the clock to the time I can stuff my face. I also find I am not eating as much. I am realizing when I am full and I am stopping when that starts.
4. At work, I volunteered to take over a responsibility from one of my colleagues because she was moving on to a new position. It is basically taking 4 or 5 different reports and merging them into one using Excel and then formatting that spreadsheet properly. I'd like to share that I totally killed it. As in, I figured out all those formulas and tools in Excel on my own. I felt very smart on Tuesday when it was finished. And the reply emails from my supervisor and manager saying what a good job I did made it all that much more victorious.
5. My sister cleaned cobwebs off of my stove yesterday. I am taking that as a sign that I should get cooking a little more often then I am currently. That or clean more so my cooking
6. Last August, as in 2011, my dad moved to Florida. He had broken up with his (I-don't-know-the-number-because-I-stopped-counting-a-long-time-ago)girlfriend but he let her stay in his house up here with her kids until the end of the school year. She moved out at the end of April of this year and he put the house on the market in July. Well with him in Florida and me being the oldest (and most responsibly of his offspring), he asked me to help him. Help him make sure that house was still standing, the water was off, the heat was on, the furniture got moved out....and on and on and on. He finally sold the house and settlement is on Wednesday. We, The Husband and my brother and sister, have been working to get his house cleared out. I can say that I am really looking forward to settlement on Wednesday and praying there are not any problems and that everything goes through smoothly. While you may think is sucks to have your dad as far away as Florida, we really didn't see him that much when he lived 30 minutes away. Christmas, his bday and maybe father's day for a few hours. I feel like I talk to him more now then I did before. And when we go to Florida to visit him, we get to spend an entire week with him, for almost 7 days straight. And that is nice. And I like that time. With FaceTime and Skype, it really isn't that bad.
7. I've had a mustache since I was 12 and gray hairs since I was 22. Waxing and hair coloring have become part of my life and it is just something I gotta do so that I do not scare the general public. And so my husband wants to have more kids with me.
8. I'd like some Christian friends. Don't get me wrong, I truly love my best friends, we have been friends since we were young. But there just seems to be a different connection to those that have a relationship with the Lord. And maybe I need to reach out more in my church. I don't know. Just as I have been praying diligently for my bffs to get saved, I have been praying for a girl friend or two who are Christians and will support me and my faith and relationship with God.
9. I have only bought 1 Christmas gift so far. And it was Yo Gabba Gabba Live tickets for Avery. So she won't even know the difference because the show isn't until January.
10. I have to go to Germany for work in January. It will only be for 5 days but I am already feeling anxious about it. One, because I HATE to fly and Two, because it will be the longest I will be away from Avery. And every time I think about I get all teary. Really? I do not think she will care too much. Germany isn't on my travel bucket list but I do love to visit other countries and experience their people and culture.
Ok, that's all for today, kids. I am hoping my next post will be our Christmas card and cards from previous years if I can dig them up. Don't hold your breath.