Ryan gave me my scale back last night.
|This is the scale I use|
I resisted the urge to jump on after I set it down on our bathroom floor. I know weighing myself at night is a sure way to be discourage, especially after I felt I worked hard all week and stuck to The Plan.
I woke up this morning, peed, stripped down and gingerly stepped, one foot at a time, onto the 1'x1' piece of glass that holds the weight of the world -not really, just my weight.
And I was down! 3.5 pounds lost forever. Like my cousin's He-Man in the Ocean City, NJ beach when we were 5.
Then I got to measuring my important areas. Another loss of 3 inches. In my arms (1"), Waist (0.5"), Hips (0.5") and thighs (1").
It feels good.
I wore shorts yesterday that never really fit me, even when I first bought them, although I told myself they did - ew. And they definitely did not fit me last summer - at all.
It feels good to walk and not feel my arms graze my love handles/muffin top.
So what did I do different this past week?
1. I had Ryan hide my scale.
2. I took a spin class (Uh, hello, 10 activity points for 45 minutes!!!)
3. I walked 5+ miles in New York City - of course this will not be a weekly occurance but it is an excellent push to move, a lot more.
4. I only ate after 7pm 2 or 3 nights, and only because I had to. Like Wednesday night because I take Avery to gymnastics at 5:15-5:45 and then went straight to spin 6-7, so I HAD to eat after 7.
5. I swapped my activity points first before my weekly points, so I actually used points I earned through sweat and busting my bum.
6. I earned 30 activity points for spin, c25k and the hours of walking we did in NYC. I used 23 of those, but I did not "use" any of my weekly points. I say "used" because I am quite sure I underestimated points here and there and forgot to track a thing or two (at the most because I have been very diligent about tracking everything) which the leftover activity point and unused weekly points should cover.
What I am planning for this week:
1. Spin tonight (10 Actv pts)
2. C25k tomorrow (3 Actv pts)
3. Do not eat after 7, if avoidable
4. C25K Friday (3 Actv pts)
5. Spin Saturday (10 Actv pts)
6. Going to dinner with Ryan's friend and his wife, so I have already went to the restaurant's website and figured out the points values and what I can eat.
7. Ryan hid the scale again.
8. Stick to it, drink water, eats lots of fruit and veggies.
Week I (5/20/13) - down 9lbs and 7.75 inches
Week II (5/27/13) - down 2.5lbs and 5.25 inches.
Week III (6/3/13) - no pounds lost - down 3 inches
Week IV (6/11/13) - down 3lbs and 3 inches.
Totals to date - 4 weeks - 14.5lbs and 19 inches