Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Double Digits - 10 Months Old

Ok, Girlfriend, I am going to get this post written and published within the week of you turning 10-months-old....or maybe not...let's go for within 2 weeks of your turning 10-m/o

10 Months! That you are, but some days I think YOU think you are 10 years. And I can remember when you were just 10 days...

You make my heart swell every time I look at you. As hard as it can be to be a mama sometimes, there is not much that makes me happier.




This past month you have been a busy girl. No crawling AT.ALL. for you. Even your E.T. waddle has slowly turned into a more balanced gate and if chased, you "run". This can been seen when Daddy says "I'm gonna git you!" You take off "running" and giggling.

Speaking of Daddy - that is your favorite word to say. When I ask for you to say "Mama", I get "Dada". (Aunt Amanda did tell me you say Mama all day long when I am at work.) You say "Hi" and wave. Give kisses on demand (and have recently learned how much nicer kisses with your lips puckered are). Blow kisses (occasionally - more like when you feel like it).

Baby food is a thing of the past and you want no parts of it. You are down to 2 bottles of formula a day (and Mama cannot WAIT until you can drink milk). Most of the day you have your sippee cup filled with water in arms reach. You LOVE chicken nuggets, most fruit, animal crackers, fig newtons, pirates booty puffs, bread, meatloaf, hamburgers...pretty much anything we put in front of you except veggies.

You had your first Valentine's Day! And went on a little weekend trip with us to Annapolis. You seemed to love the hotel room and you were very good on both car rides to and from. I could never have asked for a Valentine I love more then you!

Throwing one back at Federal House

Great big hotel bed!

Came home with a new friend!

Have I mentioned before how much you love the pugs? Well, you do. A Lot! And for the most part, I think they dig you too.







So, before this post goes another week without being finished and published, I will wrap it up.

Once again, baby, you amazed us this month, like you have every other one. The milestones you hit and then soar past to the next one keep us all on our toes.

All I know is that God must really love Me to give me the awesome gift and blessing of You! Every day I am realizing what it is to be a mother and a parent and it really keeps my in awe of what our Heavenly Father did by sending His Son to die for our sins. I cannot imagine or comprehend. All I know is that I am Loved by Him and I pray that you,Avery, know that same Love.

You are kind.
You are smart.
You are important.

xoxo,
Yo Mama

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ah! That last bit almost made me tear up! (love that movie btw)