Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Few Things Since I am a Little Fired Up this Morning

And no, I am not drunk. Just a little irritated. annoyed. fed-up.

1. After I read Susan's post about Invisible Children and watched the Kony2012 video, I was moved, disturbed, and honestly, embarrassed that I was not aware of this horrible, disgusting monster and what he has been doing for decades!!! (Even though I now vaguely remember Katie's blog post about IC - which once I looked it up to get the link realized it happens to also be one of her posts that really spoke to my heart and has helped to change my perspective on this life I am living and Who/what I am living it for.)

So what did I do? I shared the link on Facebook, I re-posted Snooki's post on Instagram, I told my family about it last night at dinner.

And the responses I received? Likes om my posts on FB and Instagram and my family had almost the same reaction I did and they just did.not.know! But then I see one of my "friends" post something about "doing your research" on IC and  Kony 2012 before posting more...this person is ALWAYS bringing up the negative on anything they can. It is like this person gets a thrill out of putting others or their ideas down. For the most part, I just ignore the ignorance, but this time? It hit a nerve. (and maybe I need to unfriend this tumor on my FB page)

Yes, there will always be haters on  anything - whether good or bad, right or wrong. But this gigantic, enormous problem that has been going on in Uganda for over TWO DECADES seems to be beyond hating on. And yes, by hating on the organization that supports the capture and removal of Joseph Kony and supports the freedom of innocent children being abducted, killed, abused, raped, mutilated at the hands of this beast, you are hating these also.

What I want to say to this FB "friend"/hater: "Before you proclaim other's "ignorance", you may just want to check your own." Bitch.

2. For all that is holy, if you want to drive 5mph UNDER the speed limit, please be considerate of those that DON'T - and pull over to let them pass. And it only adds to the frustration when you are driving a BMW M series roadster with the vanity license plate: BOND007. I am pretty sure James did not drive 5 UNDER the speed limit. Ever. In fact, I think he may be a bit embarrassed to know a fool like you was repen' him like that.

3. For all of you readers (to the few and brave enough to read this little blog - and !gasp! return to read more!) who have been eagerly anticipating the reveal of my vanity license plate...it was denied by the lovely (and ever incompetent) Pennsylvania Department of Transportation - or as us lovely PAers like to call it, when cursing yet another pothole/crappy road, PennDOT.

Oh, you want to know what it was going to be?

As an ode to one of my favorite characters, Chunk, from one of my favorite movies ever, The Goonies, it was going to say 
"U TURD"
But apparently that was not appropriate according to PennDOT. Maybe they were afraid it would insight road rage when passing said driver above - in #2.

That is all I gots for now. Here is to a better, less annoying afternoon <I Hope>

Too-da-loo!

xoxo

2 comments:

Piril Maria said...

AGree!!Followed. And maybe you will stop by me someday.

thebookness.com

angelaluvnlife said...

I agree that what is shown is horrible. I have heard though that the video is a hoax. I dont' know if that is true but it makes me want to find out. What is and help for whatever cause is helping them!