Instead of writing about all the stuff I need/want to, I am going to keep it simple (and superficial) and choke up some of my midweek (Instagram)confessions...
- I unfollow people if they post too much of either themselves or their cats. One - I am a dog person (duh) but I really do not like cats, nor do I understand people who do. Don't get me wrong, I don't think less of people for being a cat person or loving their cat, well I kind of do of my youngest brother who seems to have an unhealthy, co-dependent relationship with his two cats (who are identical sisters he raised from birth), but I don't want your lame cat clogging up my feed. Sorry, its true and Ima confessin'. Two - I follow people because I like their posts (again, duh) and a few pictures of yourself is totally fine, and kind of nice to know who is behind the feed. But when the major majority ( I know, I know, not proper English) of posts are of one person taking picture after picture of themselves, I do not find that interesting.
- I have even unfollowed my 11-year-old cousin because of the stupid posts she clogs my feed with. They are not even real pictures, just "funny" stuff she finds on the internet. And some of them? If my uncle or aunt saw it, they would not be amused either.
- I always experience a pang of guilt when someone follows me and I check out their feed and do not follow back.
- I get a bit of hurt feelings when people do not follow me back or <gasp> unfollow me, or even ignore comments. Because of my current lack of real friends (which is a whole other post I am ready to let loose very soon), I rely highly on social media for any kind of interaction or affirmation that yes, my kid and/or my dogs are cute as I think is they are, which is made possible by the heart swelling flash of that little orange notification tallying up your likes/comments/new followers. *I believe that may be a little to real of a confession, and make me seem a lot lame, but hey, no one really reads this blog anyway...so boo hoo to me.
- I cannot stand people (usually teenagers) that 1. beg for followers, sorry, I must have missed the point of Instagram, did not realize it was a popularity contest. 2. ghost followers, again to "up" their numbers. I block those mo' fo's.
- The majority of people I follow are pug people. Kind of lame, I know. But it is funny to see other pugs all over the world that behave quite similarly to my herd. And whether you think they are ugly or cute, you have to admit, if you ever met a pug in real life, they are pretty funny little dogs.
Ok, done my
Cat people be warned.