Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

It is amazing how when you just put forth a little time and effort to get dressed, you can feel like a new person.

 Here are a few of my outfits from the past couple days...
Thursday
Sweater - Gap
Jeans - Tommy Hilfiger
Shoes - those same slippers from last week
This outfit was from last Thursday. I know wearing jeans to work is frowned upon at some places, but I figure since I work from home on Friday (and rarely get out of my pajamas until noon), I may be able to get away with jeans on Thursday....

Monday
Sweater - Old Navy
Navy Gingham - JCrew
Mint Corduroys - Lands End
Flats - Payless
I have been searching high and low for a navy gingham button-up and I finally found this one at JCrew this weeked. These cords from Land End are new and I do like them, but, as you can see, they start to get saggy/baggy towards the end of the day (when I took these pics in my bathroom at work because when I tried to take them that morning some nasty old Ho was taking a ferocious dump in one of the stalls and I had to leave. I had to do my makeup at my desk. It was that bad)

Tuesday
Cardigan - JCrew
Dress - Old Navy
Leggings - Target
Leg warmers - Kohls
Boots - Macy's
So my wonderful blog friend, Laura, gifted me her basically new sewing machine. I couldn't wait to use it and have so many projects on my To Do list. This dress was my first victim try. It was just too long for my liking and I figured it couldn't be that hard to hem it. Well, as you can see, I went a little too short. OOPS! But I justified that the leggings made up for the dress's immodesty. And I was so comfy all day. I am thinking of just making it a shirt...because it definitely cannot be worn without leggings. Or I might get arrested.

Wednesday
Cardigan: American Eagle
Mint Striped shirt: Gap
Peacock Blue Pants: Lands End Canvas
flats: Payless

First, yes, I love these shoes. They pretty much go with everything. So I will wear them as much as I like. 

*Thursday Preview
Sweater: Ralph Lauren
Chambray button-up: JCrew
Striped skirt: Old Navy
Mustard tights: H&M
Boots: Payless
I am looking forward to this outfit tomorrow. It is warm and it is not uncomfortable to wear all day long. I was a little hesitant in wearing horizontal stripes on the widest part of my body. But I am hoping that the other fabrics and colors going on will distract your eyes. 

And a little Wednesday bonus, only because she is too cute:

What Avery wore {Saturday}:
If I ever thought dressing myself was fun, dressing your child is 100x that. I am dreading the day that she will not wear what I want her to. So I am enjoying it everyday that I can. 
Oh, and that Plex hat from Yo Gabba Gabba, is always on. She has the other character hats but for some reason she digs Plex. Whatever kid. 

So go check out these other ladies and their getups:
pleated poppy



6 comments:

Amy said...

Love your outfits! I have been dying to get a chambray shirt forever, but can't quite find one I like...I should check JCrew!

Your daughter is adorable!

Laura said...

I love all your outfits this week! Especially the gingham/polka dot combo!!! ...you need to add your head into the pics though! I look at them and keep looking up to see your face and bam, it's not there. A looks like she's on a mission! She's just too cute!

Kristina said...

Lovin' all of your outfits for the week! :)
Especially the navy/mint with the gingham, I have all the pieces to make that combo, I think I'll give it a go!
Your daughter is so cute. I can only imagine how much fun I'll have once I have kids of my own to dress(:

Kristina
kristina in retroworter

Annie bananie said...

You are SO funny!!!!!..LOL i love your outfits....i want your closet.
:)
so random and so FUN! and ew on the stinky HO!

xoxo

Rachel said...

I have the same polka dot Old navy sweater! I always don't like the pants that get all stretched out and baggy by the end of the day, though. I don't know why some pairs do and some pairs don't!

Ashley said...

all these stripes & polka dots are yet another reason I want your closet!
Also? I just nominated you for a Liebster award. Check out my blog and play along! :)