Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday


Well, I have been sick for the past 2 weeks so my outfits have consisted of sweatpants, old college t-shirts, and UGG slippers. And on the days that I dragged myself to work - well lets just say I probably owe my coworkers a heartfelt apology.

So starting this week, actually yesterday to be exact, I got my sh!t together and put some effort into dressing like someone who didn't have the stomach flu one week and then bronchitis the very following week. Oh, and a almost 2 year old that had an upper respiratory virus, bronchitis, and an ear infection.

 Tuesday:

Sweater: JCrew (old)
Vneck T: Target (old)
Green pants: Lands End Canvas
Shoes: DSW, I think (old)
Bead necklace: OCNJ surf shop (old)
I really like green, gray, and/or black together. I always forget about it. I am not a big fan of this sweater as I feel like it accentuates areas (my gut and love handles) that I despise. So I just made sure I sucked in whenever I left my office.

Wednesday:



Cardigan: Old Navy (past season)
Chambray button-up: JCrew (old)
Black striped tank: Gap Outlet (past season)
Red corduroys: Old Navy
Tan suede slippers: Target (yes, I wear slippers as shoes and no one is the wiser. These sucker are comfortable and they are lined with fur so my toes stay warm)

I kind of love today's outfit and I was inspired by a kid's outfit I saw on Instagram. And any reason I can find to wear Chambray, I am all over it. 

Go check out all the great links on The Pleated Poppy for some outfit inspirations. And link up yourself if you have some goods to share! 

pleated poppy

xoxo




9 comments:

MSDeyle said...

The green/gray/black combo is awesome. I wish I had that teal/green color to mix in!

Shelly said...

I love the red pants with leopard. And it is such great use of a chambray top too!

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Red and leopard is one of my favorite combos ever! I had bronchitis last week too, that was NO JOKE! Thanks so much for linking up this week.

Haley said...

Colored pants are just the best thing :)

Lindsay said...

Oh no fun at all! I hope you are feeling better because you certainly look cute. Love the leopard plus red!

Sherry said...

Leopard and red are one of my favorite combos! Looks great!!

kerwin said...

You look so cute in both pics! I recently got some green pants from Gap and will be sporting them down at the beach, likely with a gray top. Can you believe we are tight rolling our pants again? I was hesitant at first but I am on board now. Never say never...

Maggy said...

Love the Wednesday outfit and that it was child-inspired. They have great style!!

Kayla Janachovsky said...

I love the colored pants! I host a style link party every Monday and would love for you to join! http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-first-ever-my-style-monday.html